Friday 12 April 2013

The Romance of Rain

rainy1

"I walked Olly in the pouring rain today, crazy some might say, why didn't I just wait until it stopped? We walk every day, rain or shine, Olly doesn't seem to care. He drags me almost horizontally to the local park gates, frantically wagging his tail, whether it's a blizzard, or a storm. I wear my waterproof coat and hat, and as if by magic, I too become completely impervious to the weather. 

If it is possible to have 'perfect rain,' that was our experience on our walk today. It wasn't the kind that soaks you to the bone,nor drizzle which is just plain awful to even contemplate venturing out in, especially with hair like mine! Today, we had 'perfect rain.' There was no wind to tackle with, just a stillness and a luminous, almost mystical glow behind the clouds, promising sunshine later. 

It was clear that not everyone shared our view on the elements, or they were just more percipient because except for the smattering of birds in the still sleepy trees, we had the park to ourselves which I also secretly enjoy. Although it is lovely to converse with fellow animal lovers, most of whom we regularly meet on our riverside walk ritual, when we're in the midst of 'perfect rain'...it's actually preferable to be alone."

"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet." ~ Roger Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment